My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

One of my students was off today attending his grandfather's funeral. He had died during the rehearsal period. It's all a bit sad.

It made me think back to when my grandad died, my mum's dad.
We had moved to the states at that point, when my grandad had a heart attack. My dad was already over there (the uk) and my mum went over shortly after. Me and my sister were alone for the first time in America, with the whole house to look after.
We kept going to school, life as normal, with phone calls every night from mum telling us how he was doing. I was convinced he would be fine and mum would come home soon.
Then I got a phone call saying that he wasn't going to make it. And then the call telling us how he had passed away.
It was all really strange. To know what was going on, but to be so far away. I remember just being in a real haze. I didnt' tell any of my friends. I dont know why. Maybe it'd make it all seem a bit real.
But life went on didnt' it?
It was all weird... and I felt horrid that real life had to keep going on.. but that's how it works isn't it?
I harden myself to this stuff, so that it doesnt' really affect me... I dunno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home