My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Friday, December 19, 2008

wow - been a while since I wrote on here..
I've been so busy!
Work is hectic, but good (apart from some nightmare first years!)...
I felt compelled to write today as I had my first taste of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy... it was hard.
Within 2 minutes I was crying, and that didn't really stop for the 45 minutes I was there... it was really hard not to cry... everything I talked about upset me so much. The therapy is to combat my dentist and needle phobias, but it became so much more than that. It became about my whole outlook on life... within 45 minutes she seemed to know me so well!
The main thing that struck a chord was when she told me I look for the worst possible outcome for every situation... this is something I have always done, and I hate it - it means I never look forward to anything!
So my thinking process will be realigned hopefully. We will see - it will probably start properly in the summer.
Welch's wedding this Sunday... which I'm nervous about. Me and John are taking the photos... i hope they are good :-/
Weight wise - I'm up to 13st 8lbs! Really let that slip... even started buying cheese again :(
Something will be done in the new year...it has to be... it's making me very miserable.

1 Comments:

  • At December 19, 2008 10:38 pm, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said…

    So sorry you're having a rough time, Bron. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is what we use where I work. I've seen miraculous things happen--so even you won't be immune to good things. :) Love you. Jer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home