My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Yes our match was on Sunday, and it went... GREAT!

At 2pm when dors opened for the 3pm show we were worried that no one would come, at 2pm 5 people walked straight in!!
At 2.45pm they were still sat there.
Suddenly at about 5 to 3 we had an influx. But there were still people missing that said they would come so we kicked off at about 3.15pm to an audience of around 40 people.
(Which aparantly 'beat' The Comedy Store's attempt at a family friendly show... they cancelled one of theirs and drew 10 people to the other one). Of the 40 only about 10 were known to any of us...
It started great and went on from there. The numbers of spontanious bursts of applause were so high I lost count.

This match also contained the most Brown Bags in a long time!

Ste Martin = 2
Steph Threlfall = 1
Audience = 1

Comments from the audience (many of who left email addresses willingly! And bought badges... mostly Bron, Emily and Darryl!) were taht Ste was a comedy genius (he already knows that), everyone worked so well together, the show was so much better than they would have thought it would be (ignorant fools!) and everyone fancied Emily! (I then pointed out that she was 16... didnt' change much)

Classic lines:
Worlds Worst thing to say at a Wedding: "How am I supposed to sleep with the bridesmaids when they're all 5!" - Ste Martin (bb'd)... "I don't do the gays!" - Steph Threlfall (bb'd)
Forward Reverse: Ste having to forwards and reverse up and down a pipe... oh dear.
Group Therapy: Darryl dillusioned at being Elvis (the first time we have EVER got that suggestion believe it or not!) when Emily was trying to describe jelly babies shouting 'My baby left me!'

There will be more but the tape is a bit messed up from the show :( so I will have to wait til I get another camera out from work to tape it off...

We are still waiting to hear if they want us back, but I know the promoter, the booker and the owner all enjoyed it! Yay.

Enjoy these pix:







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home