My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Well, the essay's pretty much done, and yes my second MA essay that mentions the Monkees... let's see if I can work them into my dissertation too ;)
Liz calle dme yesterday, she's back from Latvia! Had to pretend to be a Bee aparantly... nuff said.
I will be a bit lost tonight with stuff to do, as in I know what I SHOULD do, but will I do it... ? hmmmm... however it's practical work for a week or so now so I can do that OK.
Well, I should print out and hand in :-/ I tell you now people, I WILL get a crap mark for this essay... but as long as I pass, shoudl be reet... here's a taster:

It seems as if the ideals now are to convince the children watching the shows that they really are made with them in mind. Ideally, if this show were to be made solely by young people, those wooden performances wouldn’t be apparent and the children watching the show would no doubt feel more apt to want to join in and try things, as they would be on the same level. But then of course there are the children who would not trust what their peers were saying, and only believe what older people were saying. Why Don’t You? has a similar format to Blue Peter, only Blue Peter presenters are adults, albeit presenters who tend to act rather childlike themselves, ‘adults in drag’7 as David Buckingham and Cary Bazalgette term it.

Cheerio
BRON
x
bron thought for the day: see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll wish you could wash your hands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home