My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

OK I didn't finish my last blog. Basically I drove around for a bit. Then in the evening I did a workshop with my mum's theatre company. Lots of fun. Did my basic improv run down and got my mum to join in, felt really jealous, really wanted to be more involved with the show, they are such a tight group and their project is realyl interseting. Oh well.

SO, last night I played in Milwaukee. I got there and once again, was only expecting to play in one match and ended up playing in two. The first match was to a lovely crowd of about 70, ... my team won that match... the second was a 2 on 2 with a crowd of about 10 (just like home ;) )... great fun though. Played 5 things twice more! Got to guess the second time and we did OK... so I think I'll be teaching that more when I get home.
Let me try and do a quick run down:
FIRST MATCH:
Head to head Meanwhile Elsewhere began the match. Was interesting as the first time I was on the pitch I realyl didnt' know what I was doing.. we were in some field that everyone else knew what it was.. found out later that it was an American Football field, a well known one... that's about all I remember from that game. The blue team then played Forward Reverse, which went OK... we then played Spelling Bee... an dit went great! As a team game, it was geat, we all played 'Jocks'... which was fun for me... ;) Then came 5 things (but the head to version - 6 things)... was hard work, but got through it and I think we won it! Tim managed to steal the points from the other team once.... yay. Did an impression of
Kiss at the end... their wigs smell
second half
no head to head to start the second half - instead they decided to do two audience games. We played Sound FX, and I didnt' really get into the scene at all. I initiall y was playing Johns wife, who'd bought him tickets to the Nascar race... but left pretty much at the beginning. And was dragged back in at the end. Then came Do Do RUn Run, managed to stay in til I got the rhyme 'Beth' and really struggled. After that we played Double Blind Freeze which was great fun! I got to lie on Joel which made me laugh, he was damp. THe video cuts out just before my death defying feat! grrrrr
SECOND MATCH
AS this was such a small audience the guys decided to make it a 2 on 2 and have no half time. We started with What Are You Doing? which I did pretty badly - instantly forgetting the rule of 'don't say 'I'm' so I figured out not to do that by the last time I was up there, not great at that game. The next scene game we played was Blind Line which went in a weird direction where I was a minstrel and Tom was a construction worker and he was building my stage for me. Then I decided he shoudl be on stage with me and he fell in love with me or something... it was a bit odd... and very hard with just two people I found. Then we played 6 things again, this time I guessed and got everything but one thing! A band called 'Men Without Hats'.. what?they even tried to convince me that they werea British Band? Are they? lol. So then we played sound effects again and this time I was more involved obviously as there were only two of us. We were secret agents and I was being trained how to skin an alligator... then near the end Christine came on as an old woman, and we shot her, and I asked to skin her cos I wanted a bag. Finally we played normal Freeze... may favourite being the last one where Tim created something calle da Woman Fry... so I ate one... "Tastes of Woman!"... anyhoo.
That's pretty much it for now... got stuff to do before I head to Chicago... so I'll check in tomrorow before I head to Dallas
BRON
xx






Me with thw milwaukee teams and ref on the pitch. First match, won, second match lost :(!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home