My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

OK more updates....

The trip to LA from Dallas

We (Me, Eric and Evan) finally managed to get going from Dallas at about 2am Saturday morning. I was loaded up into the back seat of Eric's jeep, and off we went. I will point out now that I slept the most on this trip, and didn't drive once, so GO ERIC, GO EVAN! Woohooo! We headed off in search of our first stop, and at this point I would like to stress that i DO know the way, so direct Tony Christie over to me... Our first scheduled stop was Amarillo, Texas.



Sorry, I couldn't resist!

The most exciting part of this photo was that Eric pulled over in the MIDDLE OF THE FREEWAY so I could take it! That bloke's got balls! lol.
We also saw some cars stuck in the ground in Amarillo, and Evan acted really gay around them for some reason I can't remember. It may have been because they were pink.
We left Amarillo and then headed to our next stop which was the New Mexico border, I think, to be honest from this point my memory gets hazy... oh so soon into the blurb.



Me being impressed by their border

The thing that I remember most about New Mexico and Arizona were the bugs! Big big bugs. When we got out onto the forecourt of a petrol station I set my feet down and all I heard was *crunch crunch*... beetles!
Ah yes, I just looked at my map. Next we turned left at Alberquerque (sp?), and kept going on highway 40. (some of it was part of the old Route 66 dont you know). This part of the journey seemed to mostly be scenery.



One of the most dangerous pictures of the trip, Evan took this while driving... can't remember what mountains these are.

SO off we toddled towards Arizona. Their border wasn't quite as interesting so we dont have any picutres of it. I did see lots of teepees at that point though.our next planned stop was The Grand Canyon... this was when it all went a bit wrong, we were under the impression that the Grand Canyon was a tiny detour... turned out it was a 140 mile round trip to get there. By the time we reached it, it was midnight. And beautiful. It really was, once I got over the height, to see it in moonlight was pretty amazing. Only downside were the British tourists! 30 of them! Noisy noisy noisy. But it was still beautiful. Only problem with seeing it so late was the photos:



Evan and I at the Grand Canyon



The canyon in all it's glory

One other thing I saw at a national park in Arizona was my first ever real live tumbleweed!



Me and a REAL tumbleweed!

Sooo... Hover Dam was a lovely sight. I took a picture but it didnt come out :( Boo hiss. We actually got stopped on the Nevada side (yes, it stretches two states! Wowee!) and asked to move on... so I didn't get a pic of that either. Next stop was Las Vegas (we were into Sunday by this time). Eric was right, the sight as you came over the hill to Las Vegas was a sight to behold. So many lights it's a wonder the rest of the world didn't have a power cut. We went round from about 4am - 7am. I wont $1.50! That officially makes me a Las Vegas WINNER baby yeah!



Me with my $1.50 winnings!

After that I dozed until we were in California then we stopped for Greek food and saw lots of hills and the like. It didnt' seem to long til we were on Hollywood Blvd, for half an hour! The traffic was dreadful! Once there we dragged our sorry asses into the rooms and slept.. I think.. again my memory is apauling! lol.

So there you have it

BRON
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home