My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

CHICAGO CHICAGO... my kind of town...

How much FUN did I have in Chicago? A whole LOT! We got there early, myself and Jer and Michele, and went to get some food. Mexican. I'd never eaten Mexican before, and it was yummy. Avoided the beans though. Had something with Spinich in, it was very good, I coudlnt' finish it all, in truth I was very nervous for the match! Chicago are a proper big team, and just seeing their theatre (which I forgot to take a pic of... damnit) knocked me for six. I watched their first show, 8pm, and seriously was bricking it. They are so slick, I thought there was no WAY i was gonna fit into their teams... but then I met up with Andre, and other people started saying Hi and giving me hugs, I started to relax. Then Zach (who gave me my lovely Chicago CSz bag last year) arrived and changed the team name to The Razors Edge, lol! Rather cute. Zach, incidently, at tourney last year won 'Best British Person' Award. Hehe.
So I got changed, everyone loved my shirt, which was cool, and they really made me feel like home.
MATCH
First Half
We started with Da Do Run Run... I actually won at this game back in Dublin, but when I played in it MKE and also in Chicago I blowed... I was first out in MKE, but second in Chi... lol. Next we played a game out of the bucket... they chose 'Irish Drinking Song'... lol. I whispered to Andre 'do you play that the same as us?' ... 'No, you'll pick it up'... turns out they DO play it the same as us - but I got confused, or Zach did or something... anyway, we played it singing two lines each instead of the usual one. It went fine though. We sang about a lawyer or something. I fell over drunk which go ta laugh... it hurt too. The next scene game we played was Replay. Which was fun. Me and Andre started a scene about cereal.. and he'd been stealing mine. Then we replayed it as Suspense, whcih was vey short but funny, then as 'Gamers' which aparantly are peolple that do Dungeons and Dragons... but Tara said it was video game players (which tbh worked better for me) so my american accent came out for the first time... lots of fun. Finally we did it as a RAP! HAHAH!! Oh dear... enough said. Andre was great, my rapping waasn't my finest hour... but I rolled my sleeve up to make up for it.. and Zach did a tumble THROUGH a window!!! Wow. the the OTHER TEAM did 5 THings... phew!
Second Half
We played Grand Theft Auto to start.. which was rather funny... kind of like What Are You Doing but the whole team... anyway, we sat in the 'car' and I got confused and Started Driving (duh! I was sat on the right!)... so the audience cracked up and I got a point for being British ;) It was a really hard game for me for some reason - could have had something to do with the fact that it was only explained to me on the stairs on the way to the field!! Then we played another head to head, continuation... where I sounded like I was doing a fake British accent!! And Steph did it even worse! Hehe... then to finish we played Last Action Joke... which I didn't do great in but whatever it was GRRREAT!
So much fun - then I got to see Nate from Portland afterwards! So a fun night. Off to Dallas tomorrow! Scary and cool... woohooo.. the tour continues.




Me and the Chicagoeans... lovely people!!



Tara and myself... she reminds me of KT, she gave me a huge hug and I suddenly realised I would have a great time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home