My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ross Noble last night... fun night.. here is my review that will be going up on Manchestercomedy.com

Ross Noble - Randomist, Opera House, 19th November 2005

By Brainne Edge


‘What is he talking about?’… ‘I have no idea, and I was watching!’

This was my third ‘noble-ing’. Having seen Ross in Southport and Warrington in preceding years.
The first time I watched Mr Noble strut his stuff, I didn’t know much about him, and was kind of dragged along by a fan. It was seriously the most I have ever laughed in my life. I was on the front row and just mesmerised by his energy and quick wit. The second time I saw him, it was the same, although I didn’t laugh quite as much. This time, I was right there again, front row, all wrapped up warm (the Opera House was bloody freezing!), ready to laugh my little socks off, and he didn’t disappoint. However, there was a rather large sense of ‘I’ve seen this’, hanging over the show. I do a lot of improvisation myself, and as Ross is a largely improvisational comedian, have really started to pick up on the ‘format’. Which spoiled the show for me a bit, I could see when the next call back was coming etc.
HOWEVER!
Wanted to get all the negatives out of the way first, because having said all that, it was a great night! The evening began with a little video of the shows sponsor ‘Ted Danson’s Pizza Shack’, rather funny. Lots of local observations, including the outside urinals in Piccadilly (which exist apparently… never seen them myself), and a suggestion for what the women should do… a big sponge. Lovely. It’s hard to review Ross in the context of what was performed, as there is a great deal of it that’s just spurred off the crowd, like the bloke in the front row who ‘allegedly’ shags his sister, the random people at the back who thought it funny to shout ‘Manfred’ at one point, the girl in the front row who was so cold she was just holding her cup of tea for warmth (no, not I, but glad to see it wasn’t just me who was freezing there). At one point, when someone was sneaking back from the bathroom it was suggested that he tries to find out what Ross was on about. ‘What is he talking about?’… ‘I have no idea, and I was watching!’.
So, a fun night. Also a bit of a rude night, most rude I’ve seen him. Some useful sex tips in the set also. Watch out for them, carefully, as with Ross’s usual style, the set up to the punch line = approx 30 minutes, but with a hilarious scenic journey.
The tour continues.

4 Comments:

  • At November 20, 2005 8:56 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Ooh, very good. Although you did one of my pet peeves for reviewers - when they mention or tell you about themselves in some way. Naughty bron.

    But that's just me.

    Excellent stuff

     
  • At November 21, 2005 3:11 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    about me personally?
    Oh no, thjat's my THING... I do that in all my reviews!
    I purposely do it, to make me seem more real and not like a know-it-all

     
  • At November 22, 2005 10:01 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Pff. You're such a know-it-all.

    ;)

     
  • At November 23, 2005 1:27 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Anywho, it's not that I think it makes a bad review - just not something I personally like that everyone else probably does. Like Ricky Gervais.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home