My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's Chris's heat in the City Life Comedian of the Year tonight, I'm going along to support. Saw his preview gig on tuesday night, was pretty good, helped him tweak the end a bit, I think he's going to do pretty well. At least he should, he's put a lot of work in recently!
talking of a lot of work... i was 'commissioned' to put together the website and logos for his next venture, 3 Minute Warning, a gong type show where the acts get three minutes before the audience can do anything, once three minutes have gone though the audience get to decide if they will let them last the final two minutes. I was rather chuffed with the Logo, based off some wrestling logo that Chris wanted to copy or something... anyhoo...

Back to my updating... I've got as far as the end of LA now..

Portland

The drive was long, but as with the last long drive, I slept a fair amount. Also slowly got to know Pat and Ruths lovely kids, Cowan (who for some reason I keep calling Connor) and Fiona.
We took a detour over the big bridge in San Fransisco who's name escapes me right now. I want to say the Severn, but I'm pretty sure that's in Scotland. Ah well it'll come to me. Got some pix, but they are still on my proper camera so I aint got them developed yet. We also stopped on Pismo beach for a short spell, and it was cold! I had to go and get my jacket! We stayed in a motel thing on the way up, shared a room with Steven, a bit strange, but to be honest I was too tired for it to be THAT strange. Next morning we were off again up the west coast. Some beautiful scenery! Lots of mountains and ear popping.
Most of the week kind of melves into one, mostly workshops and hanging out with people. Got to go to a British shop! First piece of chocolate in over 4 weeks!! mmmmm... probably shoudl have left it though! Ahh well.
One major thing that happened, that I have literally only just got over, was Jenny trying to kill me! We went to a pizza resturant and sat inside. Straight away someone sat on the table next to us, outside. So Jenny commented that it was like sitting with them. We made a few hilarious comments about them through our meal, and just as we were getting to the end I noticed the woman was staring at Jenny eating her pizza. When I mentioned this to Jenny she gave looked up from her pizza and gave the woman the strangest look ever! I was drinking my lemonade at this point and started to laugh... so much that my lemonade shot up my nose! In an instant something in my brain decided it would be better to get the lemonade out of my nose and send it straight into my lungs! The most horrible feeling ever! I honestly thought I was going to drown! I couldn't breathe. I was coughing and crying and couging and laughing and coughing... after about 10 minutes of coughing I was finally OK to breathe again. My throat however hurt for days. So stay away from Jenny!
Lots of fun people, lots of groovy workshops, then that gets us to the...

MATCH
Steven and I were captins of opposite teams in this match. I knew from the start that he would win.
We began with Video Dating, which is basically a guessing game. We won this game, although I messed up and started using noises, I forgot that it's only mime... DOH!
Next we played Household Olympics, that didnt' go too great either, we didn't really get into our stride, but fair enough the game was called short as it wasn't really getting much of a response. Steven then chose to play Illiteration (a new game) and it was hilarious! A much deserved win by the blue team to start. Next they played again and I challenged them to erm.. to be honest I can't remember. They did pretty well though I'm sure. Then we played Sing It! This was my 'take one for the team' (as Pat would say) moment. Someone needed to doa singing game and there was no way Steven was going to, I dont like playing them myself (scary) but I sucked it up and we played it. It wasn't great, but we won that round. We were winning so Stevens team played 5 Things. They did pretty well, Steven suffered a bit, as I have this trip, from just not knowing the ins and outs of the game. To be honest though I was pleased not to play it again!
SECOND HALF
We started with another new game Catchy Tune. This went really well until we hit ONE word that just no one could get. BUt once again, we won that. Then came Four Rooms. Which is basically what we call Columns! Yes, we've really messed up with game names it woudl seem! That was quite fun if not a little messy. Steven and John Breen were hilaroius as two very affectionate people... lol. Finally we played Waiter Waiter... basically a 185 style groaner walk forward game. My biggest laugh was 'Waiter Waiter, there's a toenail in my soup'... where I just stood there while chewing my shoe (as we have discovered earlier in this tour, I can stand up and put my foot in my mouth) looking a bit sheepish.
Soooo... the blue team won by one point and it was a fun show. I said to Pat in hindsight what I shoudl have done is set up some fake plane tickets for the slo mo ending so that if Steven won I could have slow motion torn them up in his face! Har har.



Me and Steven with the Portland guys



Me and Steven with Pat and Ruth

After the CSz match there was another show that Portland perform: Possaluma County. Was great fun to be a special guest in the show. Steven played a doddering old fogey called Gerald Fonteroy and I pinched my mum's character name Mary Warren. Muahaaa. I played Steven's nurse. Steven was part of the hilarious ending that saw he and John Breen have a old man fight. Fun.
After THAT we all disapeared to the same bar we visited the day before. Or maybe it was two days before. This is where I got to hang out more with Jenny and Marta and Amy and Luke... and obviously others who were there. Hadn't really had a chance to talk to Marta before then so it was nice to get to know her and her DB. After food (my 17th veggie burger of the trip) Myself, Jenny and Luke took ourselves off to search out somewhere we could hang out a bit longer. I wanted to stay awake for as long as possible. I had a smoothie ( that I thought tasted odd but Luke said tasted fine) and then Luke went to work and Jenny and I made our slow way back to Pat and Ruth's where I had one hours sleep before my long trek home.

Actually it was kind of cool on my way home I had an hour in Dallas and Evan came to visit me. We said our goodbyes and I was instantly searched by the security! Evan just stood at a distance, watched, and laughed. My life is such a soap opera.
I finally got home
Now my blog is caught up!




Jenny and me :)



Me and Luke and Mustard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home