My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Chris has tried to get me to do some stand up for ages, last night I actually started to write some.
The ideas so far are based around the wrongness of nuts on cakes, rabbits and carrots in alternate pockets, 'special' children and tigers, Lobsters Rampant (one of our family crests)

Talking family crests this one is ours aparantly

So yeah, I've been doing some thinking, laughing and writing. Had a geat night with Chris last night just hanging out, eating curry and thinking of stuff I could do in a set. If I'm honest it's something I've always wanted to do, but just been wayyyy too scared to do it. So we'll see, I may just bail at some point.

BRON
x

6 Comments:

  • At January 15, 2006 4:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    these links don't link!!

     
  • At January 15, 2006 7:57 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Oooh, yeah I can imagine - nerve wrecking stuff. You certainly have to have a will of steel I think for standup - cause no one takes more abuse than standups! Even the shit hot guys get grief from audience at times - definitely worth preparing come back material. Audience's can be right arses.

    One I heard once:
    Audience Member (being twatty): Say something funny!
    Brendan Burns: Okay. You're mother and father are proud of you.

     
  • At January 15, 2006 10:28 pm, Blogger Diva! said…

    Good for you! People have tried to get me to do stand up for a long time but it just doesn't appeal to me. Have fun with that.

     
  • At January 15, 2006 10:31 pm, Blogger decade5 said…

    I'm so proud! Go kick ass up there!

     
  • At January 16, 2006 7:17 pm, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said…

    WTG, Bron. I love doing stand-up and have another engagement 7 February. It's certainly different than improv, but both have their charms.

     
  • At January 18, 2006 5:03 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    I think if I DO actually do it, I'll probalby enjoy improv more, just cos I'm lazy and like to make it up ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home