My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Saturday, August 19, 2006


OMG. I don't know if I've ever been so proud! Last night was the NODA region 6 awards. I was nominated for two - Best Play and Best Actress in a Musical... I already knew I hadn't won either. So I was a bit grumpy for going to be honest, plus we had a right to do getting there! The food was pants, although aparantly the meat option was very good (vegetarian option equalled a plate full of every vegetable I HATED... courgettes, egg plant, peppers, parsnips... seriously... I was saved by the guy going round with the brocolli and roast potatoes).
So I was tired and grumpy by the time we got to the Caberet.
Boy was I NOT once it started! It was a section from Les Mis, the one that Sean and Vicki were in in Adlington. I missed it last summer as I was in America. The section they did was brilliant! Vicki and Sean stood out a mile as really knowing what they were on about! They were truly amazing. Vicki's voice in particular is so mature and gorgeous to listen to.
I started bawling and found it so hard to stop, not cos of the song, but their performances and the fact that I have known them so long and seen them grow up and learn all this stuff. I'm welling up now just thinking about it again.
They have worked so hard, and really deserved the Best Actress in a youth production and Best Actor in a youth production awards they recieved...
I was so proud again.
As I was leaving they both came over to me, hugged me, kissed me and told me that everything they do they learned from me. I was a wreck again.
So this is why I do this job...

I was so tired when I got back, but still beaming... I was not at all bitter about not winning... see pic

3 Comments:

  • At August 19, 2006 4:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tis' Sean!

    Honest to god, im so glad you got to see some Les Mis; was so gutted you couldnt see it last year, and now you have...

    And i know i was under the "influence!" but i truly did learn everything about performance from you and all I wanted to do as a performer last night was to show you how much of you and your teaching ive taken with me and i hope you saw that

    I LOVE YOU!

    SEANIE
    X

     
  • At August 19, 2006 4:41 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    i love the sean... look at THIS for more sean action:

    sean mentionined in blog

     
  • At August 20, 2006 8:38 pm, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said…

    Congratulations to both Sean and Vicki. They are both so talented. Love, jer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home