My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Last night was lovely. Went to watch Sean, Vicki and co in Jesus Christ Superstar. Overall it was a good show, I suppose after watching the snippet of Les Mis at the awards last month I expected to be totally blown away, and where as this was much better than the average school production, it didn't. Which was a shame. However all the gang in it were fab! And the ending was well done. Chris was most upset about the Herod, nothing like the big ginger gay mass that he played it ;)
I don't know whether in the last couple of years from teaching and directing so much my brain just becomes a mass of critiques, I can't seem to watch anything for what it is... or maybe it's my own insecurities that make me feel I have to be better than everything I see... lol, who knows.
All in all, a good show, made bad by the group of people standing BEHIND ME mumbling, sniffing, knocking the bannister into my chair... I PAID £8 FOR THIS SEAT MISTER! Maybe all that put me in a foul mood?
Vicki's voice was gorgeous, although she seemed rooted to the spot! I was sad cos I expected I Don't Know How TO Love Him (a song i detest) to move me, don't get me wrong it was no where NEAR bad, just seemed 'sung'... which is rare for Vicki. Sean was a rockin evil dude, aptly named Annus. ;)
Anyhoo, got to do some hoovering and tidying now, the Tavner is coming round and we're going to film some stuff.
BRON
x

1 Comments:

  • At September 12, 2006 10:32 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    I loathe that musical - I imagine it's much harder for any performer to try and connect with that material in the same way you can with Les Mis.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home