My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Friday, May 30, 2003

Well... more work trying to get done today... on my mum's instruction I e-mailed Keith Johnstone, only the most amazing improvisation Guru in the world! (next to Del Close who has passed away)
I casually mentioned my dabble in improvisation wtih ComedySportz... and got this reply:

Thanks for your letter. Do you realize that Comedy Sportz is a
direct rip off of Theatresports? Dick Chudnow took Keith Johnstone's
format and slightly altered it and now calls it his own.


From his agent... way to offend someone you really admire then.... go me ;) The thing is.. I knew that! I knew that that's how it happened, and Dick makes no secret of it. So I replied and told them that! Ahem... so, yeah, no workshops for me. Sounds like someone's a bit bitter cos ComedySportz is more recognised than Theatresports! Ahh well... that's life...
Back to the smelly work...
BRON
x
bron thought for the day: If you're going to offend someone you admire, make sure you do it by mentioning the thing that pisses them off the most...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home