My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Friday, December 30, 2005

The Goodies!
Watched the 35 year anniversary programme tonight. Brilliant. Made me feel all emotional. I was watching it and it just made me think THERE NEED TO BE MORE SHOWS LIKE THIS AGAIN!! Accessible, but clever, witty, but silly, musical and excellantly written. It's truly the sort of comedy I strive for. Just silly fun! I was told recently that a lot of my comedy, sketches and the like, are juvenille. And you know what, they are, and that's exactly why I like them. And so do others! It's not just me and my friends who made them, other people like them. So I must be doing something right. I almost feel now like I have a mission to bring god old family fun back to the masses! The only thing we have anymore is Ant and Dec and pantomimes, and they're not too distant from each other. A lot of americans read my blog and will haveno idea what I'm on about...
Basically, think of the Monkees and take one away, give them British accents, make them write ALL the scripts and ALL the songs, and just generally be amazing. Graeme Garden btw has been on Whose Line (British one) so you may have seen him.

Right think I may get an early night. Looks like I'm going to a new years eve party in Manchester (rarely do anything really), so that'll be fun I hope.
BRON
x

4 Comments:

  • At December 31, 2005 5:11 pm, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said…

    Well, I'm american and I know what you're talking about. Why? Because I love Ant and Dec passionately and keep telling you that. It's been about a year and a half since I've seen their cute little faces and watched them laugh at themselves. They're my favorite Geordies. (Did I get the last part right?)

    PS--I can't post on the CSZ UK My Space group because I haven't been a member for seven days yet. Sorry.

     
  • At December 31, 2005 5:12 pm, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said…

    Oh, and I know you weren't talking about Ant and Dec originally. I don't know about the group you miss--haven't ever seen them.

     
  • At December 31, 2005 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't think you would be old enough to remember the Goodies TV show Bron, it ended in about 1981.

     
  • At January 01, 2006 7:29 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    Yeah it ended in 82 I think.
    I have tapes... plus the ITV ones were repeated for a while ;)
    See how much I remembered from the docu!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home