My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

From here on in my Blog is the production diary for my shoot... (mainly so I remember to do one)

Weds - First day of the shoot
Scenes to shoot: 4, 6, 16, 21, 21a
Location: St Michael's High School

Got to location early and made friends with the caretaking staff. They were very helpful. Lugged all the equipement inside with the help of a few cast members. Beth (1st AD) and I chose the room to shoot in which was actually a geography room, we wanted a maths room but they were all being recarpeted. SO, we had to make do.
After setting up for the first scene, 4, I realised that it was actually scene 21 that we had set up for, but told Beth it was 16. So 21 became 16 and 16 became 16a. Scenes 4 and 6 were untouched numerically.
The opening shot to scene 21 (now 16) was lovely, but took 2 hours! We were way behind schedule. I then recieved a phone call from Steven Catterall, playing Mr Dimple. He had just been told he had to go into hospital to get a cast put on his arm! So, as he was in ALL THE SCENES today we had to rework the whole schedule. I was surprised I wasn't crying by this point.
Ben (camera man) had to leave at 11.30am which left me to then take over camera work and Beth to become the director. I felt more comfortable then as I prefer to be more hands on but I really missed the chance to look at the acting not just the shot. So I was pleased Beth was there to keep her eye on the artisitness, as it were.
The bruise makeup looked OK, if I do say so myself. We skimmed over a hell of a lot of continiuty (as we were two crew members down - continuity Jo Calander who is on holiday til Sat and Ben who had left).

We managed to shoot a large amount of the stuff we were going to anyway, we are about a scene and a bit (7 set upsish) behind. Which is a bit worrying so I am going to reschedule some of tomorrow's exteriors to the late afternoon so we get more time in the classrooms.

Phew - what a day - one member of cast ended up in a cast, a missing cameraman, the heaviest amount of stuff I've ever had to lug up Harbour Lane in a small car! and two lights dying... great stuff.

BRON
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home