My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Saturday, November 01, 2003

Right.. the story of Wednesday's show...
Firstly i arrived early as usual and began tidying up and setting the speakers and music etc (as I have to do so I don't stress out), then once the audience began arriving I got word that Joanne (playing one of the main characters in the play) wasn't too good. Turns out she fell down some steps leaving work and badly hurt her leg. I got her some ice and we waited for the St Johns to get there. They wanted to take her to Casualty right away but she wouldnt' go. So she went on with a limp and a lot of sitting down.
Second crisis.... Micahel, the lighting guy, couldn't come. His Gran got sent to hospital that night and he needed to go, so he did. wasn't until 7.25pm when the new lighting team arrived, so I briefed them and we began.
The show went fine, Joanne hobbled a bit, but it was fine. Until the end of the second half when Rachel Wareing decided she wanted some of the sympathy and went arse first down the stairs at the side of the stage!!
She was Ok though.
However to top the whole evening off straight after the show, even as the audience were there, Brian Clarke (theatre Chariman) legs it across the stage and pulls all the cast back on in costume for a photo!!!!!!! I was going MENTAL!! Believe me, those of you who know me know I dont' tend to get mad at people but once the aud had cleared I stormed down there and gave him a piece of my mind very loudly and left.
THEN I had to take Joanne to the hospital where I met my dad's friend George.... so it was an interesting day.
Tonight went well, the NODA man seemed to enjoy it and was heard saying to someone 'it's the most I've laughed in ages'... so that was good... and Wyn Tootell (old theatre stalwart who doesn't like me that much) was heard to say 'it was fucking brilliant'.. haha
Had a shit time in the Hyatt afterwards though...
Things seem to be looking up - but whenever I start to get happy I stop myself cos things have a nasty habit of crashing down around me
Night
BRON
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home