My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Friday, May 12, 2006

IMPROVISOR Danny Watford, a veteran of comedy improvisation, having begun in his early teens, was seen to leave the stage in shock at a show last week. His troupe 'Made All This Up', began a scene based on a suggestion from the audience. The suggestion was 'telephone'.
Watford began the scene normally enough, then as other improvisors began talking his face turned white, and he left the stage.
"I just couldn't believe what was happening" Watford told us "it was like a horrible deja-vu".
The scene had begun with Watford supposidly talking on the phone to his mother in law arranging a surprise birthday party for his wife, then as the other players entered the scene Watford knew what they were going to say next.
"We did the exact same scene back in 1989, only that time the suggestion was popadom... As soon as Jim started talking in the french accent I knew we'd done all this before, then when Mary came on and started dancing like a chicken wearing the top hat I knew I had to leave... I don't know how this happened, I've always been so careful."
Watford has since lost faith in improvisation and left the country. He has taken up script writing.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home