My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day three at tourney (technically for me anyway)
But really DAY ONE!

Started with the morning meeting, which was great fun. Dick decided to change the words for the Anthem. So we all learned them in 2 seconds. Ahhh, improv.
Then The New Games Workshop (we're learning new games). We actually showed a couple of games this year. Directors Commentary and Blues. Even though we've been playing Blues for 4 years, we'd never shown it - so this was the year to do just that. They seemed to go down well, and I have a couple of new games to try out from that workshop too.
For lunch we went to Mama Comptons, a resturant that Jeff also runs. And run it he did, I think everyone had decided to go there that lunch time, he was run off his feet.
In the afternoon I ran my first ever workshop at tournament! I did a Warm Up workshop. Where I would show some warm ups that I do, and then others coudl chip in and share theres, so we could all go away and have a load more warm ups! I think it worked! Certainly had a fun time anyway. Played Wolf for about 40 minutes! Myles was first out ... hehe. Coolest thing was that Dick was in my workshop - and even cooler than that, he taught us all some GREAT workshop games!
The evening shows were great - what I saw. One of the venues was about 10 minutes away from the CSz space, so it was hard to see every match.
Indy vs Provo was the main event that I saw tonight, including a lovely game of Lounge Lizard where you get one person out of the audience and sing to them in a lounge style. Matt from Provo excelled himself by going the whole hog on a lovely lady called Hattie who was obviously thrilled to be up there. Especially when the climax of the song came!
The match that followed was also excellant! A wonderful call back by Bill of Portland, beautiful!
After that the evening was filled with Karaoke. Now, some of you already know, I get really nervous with karaoke. I think it derives from my 'you must sing correctly' upbringing. But even so, I put a song in. 5 hours later, it still hadn't come up, so I assume it got lost in the ether. In that time though, John did a couple, Rach did a couple, Ross and Daisy both did one! Loads of fun. I even got up a couple of times as a backing singer, and joined in with the Cell Block Tango - which I didn't know too well. A certain UK team member who will remain nameless kept pinching the mic anyway so I had pretty much given up by the end.
we must have left the bar at around 2 am, just after Daisy and Brian sang.
I was knakkered, and already pacing myself - I've been to these things before remember ;)








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home