My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th July (said John, to a weirded out crowd, while he did stand up, in a tent, in Chicago).
We hit Chicago early this morning, the streets were dead! Hotel very easy to find. We soon realised why the streets were dead - there was a massive festival (over a 1 million people there) just over the road from our hotel!

So we headed over to enjoy the Taste of Chicago! I was really sad to see that I'd managed to miss teh 'Wicked' exerpts a couple of days previous, but there was loads to do and see. Imagine the Royal Lancashire Show, then ignore it cos it was 50 million times bigger and better ;) I ate oreo cheesecake and pizza and corn on the cob. We walked, we looked, we listened. John did some stand up, I bumped into Chicago ComedySportz!

We were hot and sweaty and wanted to film some Danny Pensive stuff so we went back to the hotel to get changed.
We headed out and filmed some stuff. John, while dressed as Danny wandering around in the crowds, was stopped by a woman who said " How are you today John?"... which freaked him out. Aparantly she was a fotune teller, but as he was dressed as Danny and in character he didn't take her up on it. Funny stuff.

Was tempted to walk past myself and see if she could get my name ;) She'd probably just pronounce it wrong... hehe

In the evening we got on the train and headed out to watch some Longform Improv at Improv Olympic, right next to the Cubs stadium! Wrigley Fields.
Massive structure, just sat on the edge of a street! Seemed in an odd place.
You know, its days lke this when I really realise how massive a beast CSz is... during the day I bumped into people I knew... in the evening it turned out I was WATCHING people I knew! Crazy stuff.
An excellant show, for FREE no less, and got some great ideas for stuff we want to do.
The hotel was lovely, we had nice sleep :D
Freeway License Plate Tally - Milwaukee to Chicago. Wisconsin, I 43/94
Wisconsin
IIllinois - 8
ndiana - 2
Michigan - 1
Arizona - 1
Ohio - 1
Illinois
Wisconsin - 26
Missouri - 3
Indiana - 3
Michigan - 2
Minnesota - 2
Florida - 1
Ontario (Canada) - 1
Idaho - 1
Ohio - 1
Iowa - 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home