My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our group of flats are home to 3 single older ladies, two professional couples (yes, we are one of those!) and one single man.

When I came home this afternoon there were two police constables looking through the windows in the flat below us, where one of the older ladies lives. I've probably only seen her face about 5 times the year and a half we've lived here.
When I got up to our flat I asked John what was going on, and he didn't know.
It then dawned on me that we'd not heard her mega loud tv for a good few days, and her milk had been sat on the step for about 3 days too.
We told the Police that when the rang our bell to see if they could get any information about the lady... we didn't have any. Only that she sometimes had a nurse who seemed to come and see her once every few weeks.
They then left.
There are no lights on in the flat below us, and there is no noise.
We are pretty sure she has died.
Which is both very sad, and really creepy!

I am assuming more police may turn up tomorrow.

She doesn't seem to have any family or anyone who would come and visit.

This is one of the things that teriffies me about my chosen way of life. I am nearly 30 and I still have absolutely no plans to have children. The only reason I've ever contemplated it at all is because I am terrified of dying alone, forgotten, because everyone's already died, and you have no kids who visit and check in on you.
I don't want that.
But I don't want to have kids only for that reason.
It really scares me.

2 Comments:

  • At February 11, 2009 4:10 am, Blogger decade5 said…

    I'm skipping straight to "Cool Grandma" - and when I have lovely silver hair I'm going to bake cookies and make friends with young people and "adopt" them that way - all the benefits, no hassle.

     
  • At February 11, 2009 1:50 pm, Blogger ????? said…

    Well maybe if you're nice to the nieces and nephews I plan to produce for you ;)Either that or make sure you're super rich and get yourself a toy boy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home