My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Yes it's Bron with her self diagnosis again...
In general I've been feeling really run down - which is one of the reasons I've given up cheese (the main thing in my diet... unless I'm in the states when it's chips). I could easily eat half a slab of cheese a day - and often do in one way or another. I am not a big fan of Egg sandwiches, so I always get cheese.

I gave up chocolate last week, and today was cheese (although I have two chunks left in the fridge but once they're gone that's it).

Was watching a programme where someone was talking about what Iron Deficiancy's symptoms are. I seem to have a few of them - especially the last few. Which would make sense - being a veggie who only eats cheese and not many veg... thing swill change!

Mild iron deficiency anemia may not cause noticeable symptoms. If anemia is severe, symptoms may include:

Weakness, fatigue, or lack of stamina.
Shortness of breath during exercise.
Headache.
Difficulty concentrating.
Irritability.
Dizziness.
Pale skin.
Craving substances that are not food (pica). In particular, a craving for ice can be a sign of iron deficiency anemia.
Other signs may include:

Rapid heartbeat.
Brittle fingernails and toenails.
Cracked lips.
Smooth, sore tongue.

3 Comments:

  • At April 07, 2007 11:23 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    Lol. HOW many times have I told you, you need to take iron supplements if you're not going to eat meat (and veg!). Don't cut out cheese completely - you can cut down, but at the moment it's the only protein you get, so don't get total rid.
    Cutting out chocolate is always good, but I find that makes me excessively grumpy, so it's never gone for good :)

     
  • At April 07, 2007 2:18 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    I have to cut it ouw completely to begin with, then reintroduce it... Chocolate has never been a problem, I stop eating that all the time... cheese however... eek

     
  • At April 07, 2007 10:31 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Fair enough - don't take too long to reintroduce it though. Seriously - you need the protein.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home