My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Thursday, July 12, 2007


Day 4
Straight after morning meeting today Kosta got to meet some of his fans. hehe, the first workshop I did today was Randy's (he loves me to say his name... hehe). It was a young workshop, as in he was still really figuring it out himself, but I enjoyed it. Learned a few things. Things mainly for use in Longform I would think. But it was good fun. John and Leigh were in there with me too. John got to be a lizard in a scene, which I think he enjoyed, and I got to be a scared portrait victim... many grandmothers were killed in this workshop.
For lunch we decided to brave the depths of Rock Island and have a trip out to the Old Country Buffet (see John's eyes light up) Chris stayed behind as he had had some not so great family news, and we couldn't find Ross, so off we went. 6 of us, in the Caddy. ;)
We had to eat quick as there were workshops we had to be in by the afternoon!

We got back about 15 minutes late. I wandered into Myles's workshop and instantly started to kick myself cos I really wished I'd have been there from the begininning!
Some very useful stuff that I will be using with my students at the university this year for definate!
Once the workshops were over for the day, we got together with the Chapel Hill team and started to plan the evenings match. One of Chapel Hill's team mates, and manager, was unable to come to tourney at the last minute so we leant the team our Canadian and American (Chris and Derek) so they could still play.
I was a bit nervous, my parents had driven from Wisco to watch. And, for all intents and purposes, this was a whole new team I was showcasing this year. I purposely didn't play Wareing as she'd played before and wanted to keep it more for the people who'd been there all year working hard.
And they pulled it off!

The last game especially was amazing! So much fun! Objection really is Chris's game! And my favourite line of the whole of tournament: Chris pulled Aitan up onto the stage as a Klingon action figure. Aitan blatantly doesn't know anything about Star Trek, adopts a vulcan hand shape, and says "I'm a Kilngon - I like Space" HILARIOUS! He's only 16, and reminded me of, well, most of our original troupe!
There was some random bloke from England in the audience too! lol... he was really excited when I gave him a Curly Wurly (not a euthamism).
After the shows, and a shower, there was a SCRIMMAGE! This was rather impromtu as it wasn't originally on the schedule - but I'm so glad it happened. It means people who don't get to play in the tourney get to play with other people and so on. Much fun. I got up and did a bit, possibly some of the rudest improv I've ever done!! And everyone else got up too. Much much fun all round.

I think most people went out to drink and gamble some more after the scrimmage - I'm pretty sure I just went to bed.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home