My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Friday, July 13, 2007


Day 5

Friday the 13th... oooerrr

Woke up early, John did not. He and Wareing were out partying and the like til about 5am. Something about hiding in the icecream shop eating ice cream.
So he missed the morning meeting (lyrics to anthem changed yet again) and the first workshop of the day. I went to a music workshop, it took all my guts to get up and take part in this workshop... hard work for me. But I feel better for it. Couple of new games to try out with the gang too. Lunch was plesant, we went to a pizza place and ate calzone... mmmm calzone...
The afternoon workshops was wonderful! A guy called Joe Bill who did a very inspirational workshop with us, left me buzzing.
The evening was once again taken up with shows... three shows this evening! In two different venues. I drove myself, John and Rach to the Church venue ... which was MASSIVE! I ate a pretzel. The show was great. Included a brilliant countdown by the San Jose team which included a chair and a punch and much running... loads of fun to watch. And Von from Dallas was playing on the Houston team! Nice! They played game called Pop Up Book which was a bit like Slideshow but with no need for lights... I think we may workshop that...

So then we headed back to the CSz space to watch whatever we could get in and see- space was tight though so I only saw a bit of something. I think it was Indy.
Then the evening leant itself to my most nerve racking time of the whole tournament. The Stand Up gig...
When I said I'd do some in it I wasn't really thinking. When it came down to it, I was really bricking it! There's something about stand up that is just so scary... oh I know what it is - it's STAND UP!
As it happens Chris was right, as usual, it all went great. The audience were well up for it, and EVERYONE had a great gig! Some amazing responses.

After that I didn't have the buzz that everyone else had, I just can't get into stand up as much as the rest. So I went back to the hotel room and went to sleep.
I think I watched something on TV that was talking about a woman who had been killed this week in Fitchburg Wisconsin - that's right where I used to live folks. I even recognised places on the footage. A bit scary.
Anyhoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home