My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's Fathers day.

I'm rubbish at showing my family how I feel, but hopefully they know anyway.

This week I went skiing for the first time in years... as I was getting the hang of it again it occurred to me that this is one of the many things in my life I would not be able to do without my Dad teaching me. It was our 'thing' when I was little. We would go to Scotland, or ski in America, and it was fun, and I started to get good at it! He would encourage me by being really good and making me want to be good too :D

This week I fell over twice, the first time was a small fall sideways, no biggie, the second was a KO! I didn't hurt myself and I got up (found my skiis) and carried on... but as I was getting up it reminded me of skiing behind my dad in Scotland years ago... he was going like the clappers, and I was trying to keep up. Then all of a sudden it looked like Dad jumped out of his skiis and face planted on the floor! It didn't just look like that, that was what actually happened... he hit a rock! It was hilarious! Dad always had the best falls. The one in Colorado was EPIC and we have it on video somewhere... just a big cloud of snow dust for half of the mountain!

This is me skiing this week:


A few years ago Dad had a stroke and he can't ski anymore. A lot of the things we would do together were rather physical things, and I know it frustates and upsets him that he can't do them anymore. But the way he's coped is admirable, he's just filled in the gaps with other stuff. We tend to play golf now.

Happy Fathers Day x

3 Comments:

  • At February 09, 2012 5:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dead Blog. Bron is smelly.

     
  • At February 09, 2012 5:36 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    it's true

     
  • At February 09, 2012 11:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is very sad.
    This was a record of an exciting Brontastic life for all your friends, family (and the occasional passing nutter) to read and enjoy.

    Facebook and Twitter are the destroyers of journals and memories they are the true smelly ones.

    Wishing you all the best.
    Dogtanion xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home