My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Friday, May 28, 2004

What 6 1/2 Hours of Driving does to a person

Hour 1 Set off from Twikenham... sun was shining, birds were cherping! No they really were! It was idylic, this is the moment I should have realised the trek that was to follow. For when the sun shines people want to sit in cars for hours and visit other places in the UK to see the sun that they could see just the same at their house... but ahh well I am not here to judge. So... managed to find my way to the M3, then the M25, then the fun begins.

Hour 2 It seems that partridges come to motorways to die down south. By hour 2 I'd seen about 6. If I were a meat eating gal maybe I'd have considered picking them up and having a slap up meal? Or just a slap. Anyway, on the M25 and things are slowing down. But only every so often. Not too bad, still sunny. Pull off for a ginsters pastie (shit), a Mars Delight (gorgeous!) and some water (water), and to fill up for the journey ahead.

Hour 3 On the M40 by now. And things are looking bleak.. the weather is changing and I see more people with suitcases and boats and caravans. At this point I decide to turn on the radio... 'congestion on the M6 from junction 6 to 21' ... !!!!!!!!!!! right where I was headed...

Hour 4 and Hour 5 Did I mention the congestion?!?! Yeah well I hit it and became a part of it pretty quickly. I became frustrated friends with all the people around me who were also moving at a snails page... now I told you before about my hatred for Manual cars.. well today just took the biscuit!... After singing through my musicals CD twice and hardly moving I turn the radio back on just to catch the end of the traffic where the woman reading it said, and I quote, 'traffic's the worst I've ever seen'... Of course I was delighted by this and toyed with the idea of abandoning the car and making a run for it. Decided not to and remained rather calm... put on CD again... maybe there was a light at the end of the tunnel .. oh no there wasnt, it was now peeing it down! But STILL people wanted to be other places... it took me these two hours to get from Junction 6 (outside brum) to Junction 14 (Stafford I think)... and we were STILL crawling...

Hour 6 (and a half) I was almost beginning to lose hope at this point... we'd reached about junction 19 and then.. no traffic!!! Marvelous, a clear run ish until Wigan when it started to get choppy again.. so I came off at Standish and drove through Chorley which seemed deserted.. I'm sure it bloody was - everyone's going away for the weekend!! Finalyl reached Ste's when he'd NOT made food! So I was grumpy and collapsed in a heap of Eastenders... I am achy and grumpy now and I have to be at the theatre from 11-5 tomorrow... ugh...

Speak soon peeps
BRON
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home