My blog is pants...

Random stuff from the Bronster... especially good to read if you happen to like me.

Saturday, July 14, 2007






THE LAST DAY!

*sniff*
Well, it had to happen - and it happened WAY TOO QUICK.. the end of tournament :( booo
The last day was filled with fun and frolics. As every day was. Got up earlyish - got John out of bed as he'd said he was going to take part in the volleyball. Bless him, he tried ;) He soon discovered he couldn' play volleyball, but got lots of pats on the back for having a go ;) hehe

While we were sat waiting to play (I say 'we', I bailed I just sat around chatting) we saw a really strange insect... with a tiny tiny rotating head! It was aparantly a Praying Mantis. Gorgeous little thing it was. Also while sitting around me and Nicole from MKE stole Mookie's camera while he was playing and took lots of naughty pictures... well, not naughty in that sense, but just plain rude...



After the volleyball, and some Danny filming with some of the guys. We headed back to the hotel to have a bath and shower and the like (sand gets everywhere) and get ready for the evening shin digs. Before that, we had our last meeting. It had everything, laughs, tears, songs (wth new lyrics of course...) just made me realise once again how important what we do is, and not just for us.
We all managed to get in to see the final matches, which was great. Cos they were some of the best matches of tourney! Including a musical to die for!





















And some fine Dick Chudnow antics from the Milwaukee team in the final match of the tournament. Quad Cities won the Championship, but it was close. Good fun, and some very interesting and fun reffing in that match
After the matches (and selling MOST but not all of our shirts) we all headed next door to the CSz space and ate pizza. mmm pizza. Then the music started and it all got a bit loud for my deliateness. SO myself and Myles decided to head back to the hotel to play games or some such. I sat in the room next to the lobby on my own for about 10 minutes checking my email on johns laptop. Then Myles arrived, with Eitan. Then Dick joined us. Then some more people, then more, after about 20 minutes there were about 15 of us... after an hour probably about 60!


I like to think it was my own personal little party ;)
I went to bed very sad, possibly the saddest I've felt at tourney in a few years. I didn't get to hang out with people as much as I wanted. My body gets tired so much easier and quicker nowadays :( boooo age!
I will miss everyone so much, but I will get to see them all again next year. I really wish these people were closer to me, physically, and I wish it didn't cost so much to take a trip to see them. They are some of the closest and best friends I have in the world, and they are miles away :(
Here are some pix for me to end with... goodbye tourney - we'll see you next year.













Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home